Free Shipping to USA + International Shipping Available
Step-by-Step Instructions to Help You Build This Historic Shaker Table!
Many woodworkers have tried to build a true reproduction of this famous Hancock Shaker Candle Stand. Will Myers finally measured the original table and refined a simple lesson to help woodworkers of most levels build this beautiful piece of furniture. Not only does Will teach how to build the table, but he also teaches how to use historic hand tools along the way. Filmed on location at the Hancock Shaker Village in Pittsfield, Massachusetts and in Joshua Farnsworth’s Wood And Shop Traditional Woodworking School in Earlysville, Virginia, this video helps woodworkers of all skill levels learn:
- The history of the Shakers and their quality furniture
- How to use spokeshaves, hand saws, hand planes, chisels, and many more hand tools
- How to select & prepare appropriate wood for table making
- How to use a lathe and turning tools to turn spindles
- How to make a sliding dovetail joint & sliding dovetail marker
- How to elecgantly shape the table legs with hand saws & spokeshaves
- How to make a forged-style metal spider for the spindle
- How to scrape, sand & finish the table
With 4+ hours (244 minutes) of instruction, you’ll be able to create a lovely piece of Shaker furniture and learn many valuable traditional skills along the way. You can also take this 3 day class in person with Will Myers here!