Filmed on location at the Hancock Shaker Village and also in the Wood and Shop Traditional Woodworking School in Earlysville, Virginia, Will Myers & Joshua Farnsworth offer a very detailed woodworking class on building the Isaac Youngs Shaker Wall clock. Isaac Newton Youngs was a mechanical genius of his time, and an accomplished furniture maker. This video is comprehensive enough for even beginners to successfully follow along and build a charming Shaker wall clock of their own. Students will not only build a clock, but will learn how to use traditional woodworking hand tools to make mortise and tenon joints, cut dovetails, make frame and panel doors, turn a knob on a lathe (optional), and much more.
ISAAC YOUNGS SHAKER WALL CLOCK VIDEO FEATURES:
- Includes High Definition Streaming and MP4 Digital Video Download
- Should be playable on all TV’s, computers, & digital devices
- Step-by-step detailed instructions, plans, and clock face template
- Geared toward hand tool woodworkers of all skill levels
- Over 7.5 Hours of detailed instruction
- Filmed at the Wood and Shop Traditional Woodworking School in Earlysville, Virginia
- How to cut dovetails with hand tools
- How to make mortise and tenon joints
- How to make frame and panel doors
- How to cut and glaze glass
- How to make a dado joint with a router plane
- How to use hand planes
- How to cut a rabbet joint with a moving fillister plane
- How to turn a simple door knob on a lathe
- How to install door hinges
- How to use a spokeshave
- How to finish with Shellac
- How to paint with milk paint
- And much more!
ISAAC YOUNGS SHAKER WALL CLOCK PLANS + CUT LIST:
- Will Myers’ shaker wall clock PDF plan and cut list are included for free
- Printable clock face included for free
STREAMING / DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS:
After completing your purchase you’ll be taken to an order confirmation page (see what it looks like here). On that page you’ll see the link to stream or download the video. You’ll also find links to the plans and cut lists. You can also access these links from your account, which you will create during checkout. Also an email should be sent to you with the links. If you don’t see the email, please check your spam folder and mark the email as “not spam”.
ABOUT THE WILL MYERS:
Will Myers is an expert furniture maker from North Carolina, who specializes in building reproduction furniture with historical hand tools. Will is featured in the best-selling DVD “Building the Portable Moravian Workbench with Will Myers” and on the PBS TV show “The Woodwright’s Shop”. He also teaches woodworking classes at Roy Underhill’s “Woodwright’s School” and the “Wood And Shop Traditional Woodworking School”.
PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE ISAAC YOUNGS SHAKER WALL CLOCK VIDEO SHOOT: