FREE SHIPPING TO USA! INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING NOW AVAILABLE!
Build your own piece of history!
Learn to build an elegant continuous-arm Windsor rocking chair from log to finish in this detailed, step-by-step video. This historical chair – a cherished form from British and American history – is a delight to build and a joy to sit in. You’ll learn to:
- Select and split a log
- Determine what split becomes which chair piece
- Shave the spindles and shape the seat
- Steam-bend the chair’s back
- Turn legs on a lathe
- Dry the tenons in a homemade kiln
- Bore seat holes without jigs
- Cut the rocker slots
- Assemble the chair using wedges and hide glue
Elia teaches you everything you need to know, with eight hours of instruction, how to build this classic and comfortable Windsor rocking chair by hand.